Ancestral Skills: Homeschool Club
September 3, 2019 @ 1:00 pm – November 19, 2019 @ 2:30 pm
We believe that kids are built for exploring, creating, and getting dirty. At our Ancestral Skills homeschool club, makers will explore all things ancestral. We’ll explore bushcraft skills, homesteading and everywhere in between.
We will track animals, learn about plant identification, forage, weave, make arrows, shoot bows, make a healing salve using local plants, build shelters, carve soap and whittle toys. Each week will include a new skill, crafts, games, quiet reflection, and good times.
NOTES FOR PARENTS:
- For kids ages 7-12.
- Participation is rolling. Come for the whole series or sign up for one or more days. Start anytime.
- All homeschool club members work collaboratively and we differentiate instruction based on the abilities of each camper. Think of it as a one-room schoolhouse.
- We will do our best to resolve any problems as they come. However, we reserve the right to excuse a child from class if they are harming the experience of others without a refund.
- These are drop off programs but caregivers are welcome to hang out and get some work done on our retail side. We are a nut-free facility.
- Closed-toed shoes are required. No sandals of any kind, please.
- Dress your kids for success, mess-making clothing required.
- Limited to ten makers each week.
- Let’s have fun, explore & create!
- Please check your dates carefully. Registrations are non-refundable but are transferable to another child or another session as long as you notify us 7 days prior to the start of workshop or camp.
- No credits/refunds will be given for cancellations due to illness or last minute plan changes.
- All participants MUST REGISTER ONLINE before attending, members included. Club sessions will be canceled for the day if no participants are signed up by noon that day.